Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Necromancer] Spectral Power!

2 posters

Go down

[Necromancer] Spectral Power! Empty [Necromancer] Spectral Power!

Post by Zblorq Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:13 am

Introduction:
Necromancers are tanky casters, masters of applying multiple conditions on groups of foes. Capable of outlasting the enemy until they succumb to the pain the necromancer puts on them. They are able to command a small army of undead demons to do their bidding, spreading chaos across the battlefield.

Well f*ck that shit let’s build a power necro!

Even though the condition spec is a good and fun spec, and the minion master spec is increasingly popular (I might try it again myself soon). I chose to build my character as a power necro. Even as a power necro there are multiple paths you could take in your build, a tanky lifestealing build, a glasscannon powe/crit build and more. My build is something which started as a bit of an experiment (although im sure this build is not unique) and I have tweaked this build with time, and continue to do so. I like to call this build my spectral power build.

Short build summary:
This build focuses on applying vulnerability on enemies and stacking might on yourself using death shroud, followed by damaging the enemy using the axe. This build is a Pve/ fractal spec and I would never use it in pvp without serious modifications.

Weapons:
I won’t go over each ability separately, if you are interested in playing necro I assume you are at least familiar with the base ability’s. Instead I will explain why and when I use certain weapons.

Axe:
The axe is my main weapon and I use it 75% of the time. With traits (which I will explain later) the axe is a good weapon with the main damaging ability (2) on a short cool down. I use it because it has medium range, this means you are not constantly hugging enemies, which is a safer position since you are still a light class. The vulnerability it applies is nice although with most groups there isn’t any shortage of vulnerability applying ability’s. Of course the axe’s third skill should never be forgotten and I use it almost on cool down.

Focus:
I use the focus combined with the axe, it applies vulnerability and even regeneration if u stand near enough. But the best part about the focus in my opinion is the boon removal skill, the damage is good and should not be underestimated and the removal of boons on enemies makes your life much easier. A good example are dredge mobs who will become much easier to kill when their might and protection is removed. A solid weapon which I use a lot lately, in some instances I like to switch it for a dagger offhand (which is certainly viable) but the focus has my personal preference.

Offset:
The weapons you carry with you should always be chosen depending on the situation, if you are not familiar with an encounter don’t be afraid to ask group or guild member since a well-chosen offset can make a fight much easier.
Most fights I run around with a staff to compensate for the lacking range of the axe. The staff has good skills but you don’t get the full potential of most using this build. Most of the time, I use the staff in parts of the fight where I’m forced out of medium range.
Some fights I choose to bring a dagger/ warhorn combo instead of the staff, this is usually when a immobilize or a speed increase is needed, you should remember that when you do this you are severely lacking in range!

Utility:
Heal:
As my healing skill I run with consume conditions. It is a good solid heal with the power to remove all your conditions and heal for a shitload.

Blood is Power:
Most of the time I run with blood is power, it has a short cool down and really buffs your damage. With harder fights I’m forced to replace it with a defensive ability.

Signet of Undeath:
This ability is so good I would recommend it to any build regardless of spec. It helps with your generation of life force (something all necromancer can benefit from) and is literally a life-safer and has the potential to prevent group wiping situations.

Spectral wall:
The spectral wall has many uses, if you run through, it applies protection. When mobs run through, it applies 10 stacks of vulnerability (this is a lot!). It is also a combo field which a good group will benefit from a lot!

As I have said before, for harder fights and certain situations I switch out blood is power with a different skill, I could explain which skills I use but it differs from fight to fight and group to group. All I can advise is to use common sense. Remember that a good placed well can make a huge difference to a fight but a stunbreaker is nice sometimes too!

ULT:
For my ult I use the lich form because it has good damage and comparing it to the golem (who can die instantly if you have bad luck/timing) it has more uptime.

Traits:

[Necromancer] Spectral Power! WtPYvQC
Power:
VI: Life blast and Plague blast grant might for 15 seconds.--- this is how u stack might on yourself.
IV: Signet’s recharge 20% faster.--- this trait helps with the signet of Undeath it is not mandatory and if u find yourself commonly in groups without a lot of people downing it could be switched out.
XI: Axe damage is increased and axe skills recharge 20% faster--- this is what makes your axe hurt!

Curses:
IV: Cast enfeebling blood when entering death shroud--- personal preference, change if you want.

Soul Reaping:
VI: Life Blast pierces and causes vulnerability--- damage more enemies and apply more vulnerability
IV: Spectral skills recharge 20% faster--- Reduces the cool down on defensive ability’s like spectral wall or spectral armor, this really helps with survivability.
XII: Death shroud recharges 50% faster--- hopping in and out of death shroud becomes much easier, sometimes I change it to the stability granting trait.

Closing comments:
With this build there will be no shortage of vulnerability on the boss and your damage is quite good, using the death shroud you can damage but also eat unavoidable damage or lengthen your life until your heal comes of cool down. Proper management of your death shroud can make or break this build.

If u have any questions or comments pls do so, and if u wish to try this build I hope you will enjoy it as much as i do!

My character for those interested!
[Necromancer] Spectral Power! Ekbpbs8
Zblorq
Zblorq

Back to top Go down

[Necromancer] Spectral Power! Empty Re: [Necromancer] Spectral Power!

Post by Dutsj Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:06 am

Nice write-up. I myself am building to a spite 30 curses 20 blood magic 20 power build with dagger/warhorn as main set. When I finally hit 80 ill write something about it.

Dutsj

Dutsj

Back to top Go down